Software License Compliance
Reconciling Licenses and Installed Software
Being unaware of what software is installed and being used within your organization can result in multiple layers of exposure, both fiscally and from the standpoint of overall network security and control. Understanding the correlation between license agreements and installed software is critical, as is the knowledge of unauthorized programs, including games and peer-to-peer programs, which can wreak havoc across an entire network. Manually completing internal software audits for compliance is difficult and time consuming for a variety of reasons, including lax or changing vendor policies that can be confusing and complex, a disconnect between procurement and the IT department that leads to inappropriate use, or the presence of unauthorized software.
Vendor software audits can be costly in time and resource, and software misuse can result in litigation and substantial fines for copyright infringement. License compliance can just as easily save money, with the reallocation of unused software or the renegotiation of contracts. Knowledge of what software is installed and who is using it also helps to address software lifecycle management and migration issues, more effectively perform patch management for maximum security, as well as address the need for proof of compliance through comprehensive reporting.
KBOX™ Systems Management Appliances are designed to save you time and your company money by easily and comprehensively providing full software asset inventory and utilization information that ensures license compliance and minimizes negative exposure and expense. KBOX eliminates the labor-intensive manual tasks previously required to maintain and validate software license compliance.
- KBOX Software Inventory includes auto-discovery of software across the network, providing a comprehensive and real-time view of all installed applications ensuring that organizations always have visibility into which applications are installed on which systems.
- KBOX Asset Management Module allows the assignment and reconciliation of software licenses against auto-discovered software ensuring that organizations can stay within the terms of their license agreements and easily track unauthorized software installations.
- KBOX Software Distribution provides for centralized deployment or removal of applications, making it easy for organizations to stay within the terms of their licensing agreements with a minimum of time and effort.
- KBOX Software Metering provides detailed usage information that enables effective license harvesting and reallocation or retirement of unused licenses.
- KBOX Reporting and Dashboards provide comprehensive capabilities that help identify and address potential problems, and provide proof of license compliance in the event of a software audit.