Cross Platform Management
Centrally Managing Mac, Windows, Linux and Virtual Machines
Multiple operating system environments are taking their place in medium sized organizations at an unprecedented rate. In fact, in a recent King Research study , a full 42% of respondents reported that they were considering deploying non-Windows operating systems. Underscore that number with a corollary 29% who indicated that the Mac OS and 24% for Red Hat Linux would be the operating system most likely deployed in place of Windows Vista, and the reality that systems managers will be charged with effectively maintaining multiple OS environments—whether Mac, Linux, or Windows--is here today.
KBOX Systems Management Appliances are designed to help save you time and save your company money by providing end-to-end, Mac, Windows Linux and virtual machine systems management capabilities via a comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable appliance. The KBOX Systems Management Appliance supports plug and play deployment onto your LAN and is simple to upgrade and maintain. Absolutely no upfront programming is required to enable KBOX. And KACE appliances are available both as physical and virtual appliances, providing users with a variety of cost effective deployment options.
NEW! iPhone Configuration and Deployment
KACE appliances are the first and only systems management solutions to manage Apple’s iPhone for enterprises, allowing IT managers to provision, configure and control policies on iPhones centrally from the KBOX appliance. It complements Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility, providing easy management of multiple configuration profiles and tools to apply them based on policies across the enterprise. Capabilities include assigning profiles to user groups by function or geography, and their distribution by e-mail. iPhone users also have access to the KBOX user portal where profile downloads are available.
Comprehensive Features of the KBOX Appliance Include:
- KBOX Software and Hardware Inventory auto-discovers network-wide software and hardware configurations through managed virtual agents or agent-less network scanning, for the most complete computer inventory possible for Mac, Windows and Linux systems. It includes an easy-to-use web interface and wizard-based reporting.
- KBOX Asset Management Module unifies and automates non-computer and computer inventory and asset management processes from deployment to retirement, including asset data audit, tracking, compliance and reconciliation using an appliance-based approach.
- KBOX Software Distribution saves you time with remote administration, installation and distribution of any application, service pack, update, hotfix, or any digital asset to Mac, Windows and Linux desktops and servers. Flexible distribution takes the place of time consuming manual tasks, even across large distributed networks.
- KBOX Patch Management provides rapid, accurate and secure patch management, allowing you to proactively manage threats by automating the collection, analysis and delivery of patches throughout your organization.
- KBOX Configuration and Policy Management is comprehensive and easy-to-use, and employs K-Scripts and shell scripts for Mac, Windows and Linux systems. It provides user options to run policies and shell scripts on schedules or immediately.
- KBOX Help Desk Module provides easy-to-use, configurable and integrated functionality for trouble ticket management including policy-based workflow across ticket submission, tracking and resolution, and is pre-integrated with key functionality.
- Virtual Machine Management with KBOX provides integrated functionality to simplify client management tasks in mixed virtual and physical environments. This enables users to manage virtual environments in the same manner as physical environments. Mac platform users can manage Windows and Linux machines running on Parallels or VMware‘s Fusion as well as Leopard virtualized on Parallels Server.